Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 28 13 2:04 PM

Tags : :

Don't seem to exist down here in N. Devon, I just been for a tootle to Barnstaple, saw three alfas, a Mito and two Guilettas and nothing, nada, zilch! It was the same when I went over to Somerton on Friday, must have seen half a dozen during the day, but despite my best efforts, again nowt. I am beginning to think that this Alfa wave nonsense is a figment of the imaginations of those that live north of Weston-Super-Mare!

To be honest me car gets more attention from passers by when it's outside me garage and I be doing a bit of summat to it, than I do from other Alfa drivers, it aint good enough I tell yer!!!!

Yer a stuck up lot aint yer!

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

daveypark

#1 [url]

Jul 28 13 6:34 PM

Re: The Alfa Wave????????

Ha-ha! An Alfa wave is a legendary thing to see and a sure way to receive odd 'do I know you' looks in return.
Been waving for years and have made the following conclusions:
1. Best waves are from Alfa drivers with older cars.
2. 916 drivers wave more often than not.
3. Don't bother waving at people driving 159/Mito/Guiliettas.
4. A flash of headlights in advance helps.
5. Your passenger will generally consider you a sad git but when you get a wave back they WILL be impressed.

My wife now waves to Alfas.

Quote    Reply   

Ratty

#6 [url]

Sep 9 13 9:42 AM

have had a few waves from other Alfa drivers and a few more gestures from non Alfa drivers!!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Ratty

#11 [url]

Sep 17 13 7:58 AM

daveypark wrote:
Blimey, Alfas few and far between up your way then.

whats an Alfa then?? here only see the newer models ie Mito and Guiletta driven by ordinary people...

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 4 13 12:58 PM

Well there's three of us in the same village (a 166, a GTA and me with Spidey and Etta ) and I do see quite a lot of MiTos and Giuliettas, but I also see quite a lot of older ones too

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help