Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 3 13 5:04 PM

Tags : :

Hiy'all.

I have it in my mind to fit one of those strut braces, have had a look around on the net but I aint any more informed now than when I started, seems to be some differences of opinion about which is the best one, I saw that some folk have had problems fitting the Weicher (spelling) jobbey? So what is the consensus, any advice?

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jul 3 13 8:52 PM

Re: Front Strut Braces???

They are a good modification. My preference is for a rigid brace as opposed to an adjustable variant but it is only a preference. In theory they should be more rigid. We stock Ultra Racing strut brace units for the GTV / Spider.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jul 4 13 3:37 AM

Hi Mr.Big

That would be one of these jobbies then.......

http://www.ultraracingshop.com/ultra-ra ... 053733.htm

Is there any real advantage in fitting heavier front - rear anti roll bars, and or rear strut braces? I'm not a speed freak per-se, but I do enjoy corners, so to my way of thinking anything that improves the already competent road holding of me Twinny is like as not worth doing.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jul 4 13 7:44 AM

I have OMP on my GTV V6 you can find them on ebay around £80 its a good solid piece of kit. Main thing it is straight some other braces have a dogleg in them waste of time IMO as they must flex more.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 4 13 1:53 PM

I quite like the look of the UR jobbie, might put a bit of business in the way of the Scottish fella if his price is reasonable? I do want summat that will bolt straight on, and I don't want to be adjusting bonnet closure and so on. By the way, I saw this and I is in lurve.............well lust acshully! I think when me boats are sold, I shall be looking for one of those, gotta be red, gotta be low mileage, gotta be cheap!............ish

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jul 5 13 6:45 AM

GTV cups are never cheap so few they hold their value people that have got them keep them - beware of imitations as well.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 5 13 6:52 AM

Nice one up for 4k at the mo, and another at a bit over 6k that is VERY nice. Yes I am aware of cuppalikes. There aint any rush, I got to sell me boats first. It may never happen, as when I have the money there may well be none for sale, always the same innit, when you got the money nowt on offer, when you aint got the money they are falling out the woodwork all over the place. A cup would be the ideal, but a red V6 GTV would be acceptable if the mileage was low enough and the service history was satisfactory.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 5 13 12:03 PM

Or black GTV with red interior.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Jul 5 13 12:10 PM

Me every day wheels is black, anyway, never mind I got a Zoe yellow spider, I still think that Alfas look best red. Now where's that tin of Dulux?

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 5 13 12:11 PM

Peppka wrote:
Alfa Workshop has 2 cups for sale on website one a £7500 and one at £5900.

No Money............sob.....wail..........sob!

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Jul 6 13 5:46 AM

Alfa Red is famed for fading at different rates tending to turn salmon pink leading to trhings like bumper re-spays.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#12 [url]

Jul 6 13 6:01 AM

I'm never quite sure about the Cup 1/2 leather seats or the front splitter.
With Peppka on this - a good V6 preferably black with redstyle. (daily also black)

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#14 [url]

Jul 6 13 11:15 PM

Beautiful Ray. Loving the Zoe yellow still and so rare in Gtv form.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help