Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 1 13 2:10 PM

Tags : :

I just checked me hand book, and it says that tyre pressures should be .......

Front 2.7 Bar Rear 2.5 Bar, now that converts to 39 and 36 PSI respectively. That seems awful high for a wee car???

Tyres are 205 x 16 x 50 87W

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jul 1 13 5:50 PM

Re: Spider tyre pressures?????

Thanks for that Davey

Following on from that, does anyone have any tyre recommendations? She came with Toyo Proxis T1Rs on the front and they are showing cracks both in the shoulder blocks and the bottom of the tread grooves, there are horrible cheap chinese things on the rear, which I looked into and they have a very bad reputation in the wet. After I get the can belt service done, I shall be wanting to fit some decent tyres.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#3 [url]

Jul 1 13 6:10 PM

Toyos aren't too bad for the money, I had a set of four on the Twinny for £360 but the fronts went away quite quickly.
Yokos were good as were Bridgestones which I have on the 159 which last ages. Avons horrible noisy things but you do do get what you pay for.
Steer clear of anything Chinese except for food.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#5 [url]

Jul 1 13 6:39 PM

Seems a good price and many people use Kumho's although I haven't tried them personally.
There is a new way of labelling tyres for sale now, thread on here somewhere by Ratty (Le Rodent Noir).

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jul 1 13 7:23 PM

I will look it out later.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Jul 2 13 1:27 PM

Don't put Pirelli P6000's on mine wore unevenly and very noisey on GTV V6 I need 2 on the rear and am going back to Goodyear Eagles.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jul 2 13 5:04 PM

Peppka wrote:
Don't put Pirelli P6000's on mine wore unevenly and very noisey on GTV V6 I need 2 on the rear and am going back to Goodyear Eagles.

Never been much keen on Pirelli, I just had a look at the Goodyear Eagles, maybe a bit pricey.......The car will only be used in summer months, and will be sorned over the Winter. So I am really looking for something mid range price wise, with good braking and cornering capabilities, both in the wet and the dry. Possibilities so far a Falken FK-452, Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115, or Kumho Ecsta STP KU 31.

To be honest, if I could afford them my first choice would be Michelin, my Hyundai Tucson has those, and they have been really good.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jul 3 13 12:41 PM

daveypark wrote:
Chasmiff wrote:
I will look it out later.

anyone-aware-of-this-new-law-t2295802.html

Well the only bit of that, that is law, as far as the motorist is concerned is the 1.6mm tread depth as far as I can see, it's been that for a long time, personally I change my tyres when they get down to 3mm tread depth, because I believe that the water clearing capability is drastically reduced below that depth, i.e. braking distance in the wet is also drastically increased.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#11 [url]

Jul 29 13 2:07 PM

On the subject of tyre pressures, I checked mine today for the first time as the car felt unstable braking into fast corners - fronts were 45 and 50, rears 41 and 50! On the positive side this is the first time I've checked the pressures and not had to put air IN. Car feels stable now and rattles reduced.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Jul 29 13 2:20 PM

Strewth!!!!...........It's a wonder you got any tread left in the middle. .................I'll bet yer dentures felt a bit ratly as well!

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help