Remove this ad

Lead

Jul 1 13 11:32 AM

Tags : :

I have only had my Spider about two weeks but she decided to remind me that it is an Alfa Romeo I have just bought, so she decided that she didn't like the crank sensor that she was currently fitted with so she went into a faint and demanded a new one! Ah well, done now. Next thing is a cam belt service.....ouch!

Cheers, Ray.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jul 1 13 6:04 PM

Re: Just to remind me that ..........

Was going to, but I couldn't get her high enough so as I could get at the clips at the back of the engine, so I took her along to a local garage, and he did it for 35 squids, while I waited. It was worth it really, saved me all those skinned and bleeding knuckles!

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#3 [url]

Jul 1 13 6:50 PM

You were brave to start! If I cannot even see the part then off it goes to somebody that knows what to do.
Alex did it from the top down and it's in a horrible place but I guess not everything can be on the top of the engine.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jul 1 13 7:16 PM

The sensor itself is fairly easy to get at, though you do need to be comfortably under the car, it's the clips that locate the cable at the back of the engine that are a bit (read a lot) awkward to get at.

Check this out.......... http://www.alfaworkshop.co.uk/alfa_147_ ... ment.shtml

It aint as easy as they make it look though.

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

daveypark

#5 [url]

Jul 2 13 5:24 AM

It does look easy from that and perhaps jacking the car would have been easier to get access. Alex was on the slam panel and shoulder deep behind the engine from the top, working by feel only. Thanks for link as I'd not seen that one before.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jul 2 13 1:30 PM

Yep Alfa workshop is good Jamie has looked after my GTV V6 for last 9 years.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help