Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 13 13 7:37 AM

Tags : :

Annual renewal looming April 4 for my 1998 Phase 1 V6 GTV so this time decided to ring around a few brokers instead of just going with AROC broker Chris Knott as I have done since I bought GTV 9 years ago.
For the last two evenings here in snow covered St Petersburg I have been on Skype with a copy of Classic and Sports Car to hand open at the broker adverts on the back pages.
Has been an interesting exercise, I have got the GTV down to £191.24, quote from Adrian Flux with only me driving, garaged, 3000 mile annual limit, £100 excess, plus windscreen, UK breakdown, agreed value £3000, a lot less than I paid last year.
Similarly for my 1968 Giulia Spider 1600cc nearing the end of its restoration in Poland, quote from Adrian Flux is £123.44 with 1500 miles annual limit and agreed value £30,000.
Adrian Flux best quotes by some margin they regard 916 GTV's and Spiders as "emerging classics", low annual mileage suits me as I am not in UK very much only about 45 days a year.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

daveypark

#1 [url]

Feb 13 13 1:27 PM

Re: Insurance

A very good quote considering the Russian driving that I saw on You Tube the other day.
My twinny renewal was just over £200 with LV with business miles and drive parking iirc, the 159 was down £100 this year at £350 with modifications declared.

One of the benefits of being old is cheap car insurance.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 22 13 10:28 AM

I got the Spider down to £150 this year (being older than both of you ) with RAC Insurance. That's with £300 excess and SD&P with commuting.

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

Ratty

#3 [url]

Feb 24 13 3:43 PM

My 147 is £285 fully comp with Class 1 business use, and Mrs on the insurance. It also takes in my slight "hiccup" just before Chrimbo...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 8 13 4:40 AM

Received all paperwork from Adrian Flux very pleased with way they dealt with me. Had to send 7 recent digital photos of GTV, front, back, both sides, engine bay, interior and mileometer for agreed insured valuation (£3000) that they agreed to. So far so good.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help