Remove this ad

daveypark

Global Moderator

Lead

Jan 3 13 7:25 PM

Tags : :

So Gtv off to the Alfa doctor tomorrow to get abs mended and extinguish that abs light, hopefully the airbag light again too otherwise no point in putting it for the test. Hoping for better year than last.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

daveypark

#2 [url]

Jan 8 13 8:42 PM

Re: MOT looming already

If only it were that easy.
The lights should show on startup of course.

Abs sensor changed but it looks like the bearing is also knackered, this will have to wait until part comes in.
Funnily enough with a working sensor and bust bearing you have abs and no brakes, the abs light then clicks on and gives you brakes but no abs!
Car now sat on drive for a while of course as scary, I will unplug abs to get back to mechanic.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#3 [url]

Jan 14 13 6:01 PM

Well I put it through the mot today and it only failed on the abs light with no advisories, pretty pleased with that.
Will get the wheel bearing done and all good for another year of 916 goodness.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

daveypark

#5 [url]

Jan 24 13 6:22 PM

spidergirl wrote:
Excellent news Davey

It would be if Alfa managed to send the part, waited 2 weeks for hub and bearing and meanwhile cannot drive it until passes mot.
Could live with that but an aux belt tensioner has failed on the 159 leaving us carless for a few days!

You wouldn't believe the stick that I've had.........

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#6 [url]

Feb 7 13 1:22 PM

Good news, after the wheel bearing and hub were changed on Monday (stripped thread) for brand new shiny parts the abs light is now out and the Gtv has now passed its MOT.
A stone had damaged the bearing leaving a little dent but enough to set the light off.
Looking forward to getting back into the car as it's been a few weeks.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help