Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 28 12 5:58 PM

Tags : :

I can hardly believe it myself, but I've been conned into buying a Giulietta! We need to drastically cut our costs and, at the moment, our weekly fuel bill is £120-£150. We need for me to have a family car, capable of towing the caravan so that Mr SG can get a little van.

So, I'll add some photos when I get a chance and write a proper advert for him, but basically:

1998 Phase 1 2.0 Twinspark Lusso Spider

Solid black

92000 miles

Powerflex bushes on rear

Powerflow Stainless exhaust (life time guarantee)

HID light conversion (4.3k)

Fully serviced - belts etc changed at 73k

Leather seats, air con, manual hood.

MOT and Tax to end of May 2013.

I'm looking for around £3200 for him.

The hood is sound, but marked. The rear plastic window has a small crack, which I've temporarily taped and it doesn't let water in. The bodywork is good, with a few small marks. The driver's seat has the usual bolster wear.

Spidey is one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned and I'll be gutted to see him go.

Edited for revised "I don't really want to sell him" price and additional mileage

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Dec 29 12 9:06 PM

Re: Spidey is up for sale

Someones going to get a nice spider,but needs must & your staying with Alfa Our daily driver for Mrs Lusso is now a Fiat 500 Lounge 1.3 diesel, £20 road tax & 64+mpg. Spider is in dry storage at the moment.
No 2 son doing some paint repaires & thinking of having a burgundy hood.
Hope you had a lovely xmas & wishing you & all 916 ers a Hqppy & healthy new year.

Robert.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 1 13 7:24 PM

I've bought a Giulietta 2.0 JTDM, 170 bhp Lusso. I've not got it yet, the number plate needs swopping. I should have it next week though.

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 4 13 11:27 AM

Well luckily the guy decided against even coming to view because he suddenly remembered that he had a large dog He asked if I thought there'd be enough room for it, him and his wife in Spidey and I had to say no, not unless one of them didn't mind travelling in the boot.

BUT, it was actually a God send because I backed out of the Giulietta deal. There was something just not quite right about the whole thing. The garage took a month to have got the plate change and other paperwork sorted and then when we went to collect yesterday the car wasn't valeted, the plate wasn't on and a roof dent repair had left it with a broken headlining.

When the salesman came to find Spidey's new V5 with the old number plate on it we discovered that the old plate was still assigned and the paperwork hadn't even been sent away.

I don't know if to be suspicious or amazed by their incompetence!

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#8 [url]

Feb 7 13 1:16 PM

What a shamble, it's amazing that some people are still in employment!
So are you still looking at trading in Spidey for a more economical model?

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 9 13 9:25 AM

Well all sounds a little familiar. When we changed the people carrier last year had same problems with the private plate transfer. Came down to poor training in the garage from what I could see. Also the car was not ready, had to take a courtesy car for a few days and then returned four times to sort it out.

Shame the deal didn't go through for you but good to see Spidey staying with you for a while. I think you guys would suit a little Abarth 500 cabriolet little bit bigger but still bags of fun. ;0)

Hope to see you guys soon

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#14 [url]

Jul 16 13 10:27 AM

Actually it's Mr SG's idea

I've still got Spidey on Preloved. I'm asking a good price for him and if someone wants to give me back what I paid for him I'll let him go! He's worth that to me.

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 16 13 10:34 AM

And, for those who don't know, I bought a Giulietta 1.6 JDTM Lusso and I love her! She's called Etta (Julie's Etta - geddit?!) I'm currently getting 50 mpg and she handles very, very well, even managing to tow our 4 berth caravan and return 30.1 average mpg on our last holiday!

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jul 16 13 1:26 PM

That would be one of they 916 Giuliettes then? This all very confusing, I thought M18 JGH was on Spidey???

I think it might be because I am an old fart, but I don't seem to have a hankering for one of those modern Fiats.............Oooooooops sorry, Alfas. Anyway, be that as it may, I hope that "Etta" gives you lots of smiles and miles. I would probably kill for a nice one of these though.........
--------------------

Click here to view the attachment

Cheers, Ray.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Sep 9 13 8:21 AM

Private plate Ray I transferred it when I bought the G. Ex-partners do not need to know how new my car is

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help