Remove this ad

daveypark

Global Moderator

Lead

Aug 3 12 2:18 PM

Tags : :

Probably wasn't a factory option but functional all the same.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 4 12 7:12 AM

Re: Need more storage?

Think it was an option I've got one and 2 leather straps for holding luggage on, bought a big soft holdall that fits on rack work well, doubles luggage capacity.
Very easy to fit only need an allen key and pretty secure once on, only thing is gas stuts on boot lid hardly keep lid open even when rack is empty and you have to make sure it doesn't foul electric aerial on rear wing.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#3 [url]

Aug 4 12 9:27 AM

Peppka wrote:
Think it was an option I've got one and 2 leather straps for holding luggage on, bought a big soft holdall that fits on rack work well, doubles luggage capacity.
Very easy to fit only need an allen key and pretty secure once on, only thing is gas stuts on boot lid hardly keep lid open even when rack is empty and you have to make sure it doesn't foul electric aerial on rear wing.

The box or the rack Peppka?

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#4 [url]

Aug 4 12 9:30 AM

spidergirl wrote:
Even I don't need that much luggage!

I still struggle to understand how you went camping in a Spider, at Silverstone I was only away for two nights and the Gtv was crammed what with beer, cool box, bbq's and stuff. A mate even brought all the tent and chairs etc.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Aug 4 12 2:57 PM

The box or the rack Peppka?

The rack!!

Mone has 4 Alfa badges on the side of feet that fit on the bootlid these are plastic and click out so you csan get to the allen headed studs to tighten the feet onto the lid. The only other adjustment is that is possible is to increase it's width by slackening off two studs then tightening it is a good solid piece of kit that has been well thought out.

Its old but its fast

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 6 12 8:12 PM

daveypark wrote:
spidergirl wrote:
Even I don't need that much luggage!

I still struggle to understand how you went camping in a Spider, at Silverstone I was only away for two nights and the Gtv was crammed what with beer, cool box, bbq's and stuff. A mate even brought all the tent and chairs etc.

I am a magician

Or is that a witch?

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

daveypark

#7 [url]

Aug 7 12 7:00 AM

you tell me!
I guess that if you know the weather it is easier to pack, in Italy I could have got away with just a cabin case but in Uk you need to cater for wet weather gear or cold clothes as well.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Aug 8 12 8:18 AM

Couple of t shirts, one jumper, one pair of jeans, one pair of shorts, plenty of undies - what else do you need?

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#9 [url]

Aug 8 12 6:49 PM

Well in order of priority:
obviously beer, 2 pillows, sleeping bag, cool box for bbq food, bbq's, coats, cameras and washing stuff.

I should have brought car charger for phone (as androids only last 24hrs) and sat nav for warning of speed cameras - there's a nasty camera on the bypass just before the circuit turn off that caught me out. Luckily no ticket.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#11 [url]

Aug 16 12 6:45 AM

spidergirl wrote:
daveypark wrote:
Luckily no ticket.

Yet!

Well it's a few week now since the Classic so hopefully I'm clear. I don't know why I've not had a ticket before though, perhaphs my careful and considerate driving style.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help