Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 13 12 4:10 PM

Tags : :

Typical me - re-joined the new forum and said hello via another question in another part of the forum last week....

That would explain davey's comment "that was your welcome as well by the way"...

I like the layout and even though I have less & less time for anything these days - the curse of the self-employed. I am still clinging into Alfaland by my fingernails (slightly bitten down following it's annual MOT and service)!

I'm the owner of a day-glo green Spider about to give up on hydrogen fuel cells (don't go there), with a slightly leaking roof, door trim held in with snot and a prayer, self-detaching handbrake cover, self-detaching after-market radio and self-deflating tyres. It's not so much a sports car - but a series of ageing components flying in close formation (mainly) in the same direction - bit like it's owner!!

Wouldn't swap it through - even if I won the lottery!

1997 Acido Green Twin Spark Spider Lusso
1992 Land Rover Defender 90 200 TDi
Very large fuel bills
Very large garage bills
Very big smile on face

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

daveypark

#2 [url]

Apr 14 12 7:11 PM

Re: Where are my manners..

loved your introduction Limey! you are clearly immersed deeply into 'Alfaland' and there's no way back now.
Another (warmer) welcome to 916, you are not alone in you battle to keep things lashed together!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 21 12 2:14 PM

"lashed together" LOL

Owning one of these as a daily driver - it does kind of smack of crossing the Thames as a commuter daily at Greenwich on a bread board using a pole with a hanky on it as a sail. Actually - come think of it....NO, let's not go there!

Maybe we are just masochists. Thing is though - it's nice when someone says "what's that - it's really nice"? You know they mean it as well. Does the 'banker' in the dolphin grey metallic Porsche Cayenne Cayman Candy (whatever) turbo get that?

Probably not I suspect.. and if they do - it's probably through gritted teeth.

1997 Acido Green Twin Spark Spider Lusso
1992 Land Rover Defender 90 200 TDi
Very large fuel bills
Very large garage bills
Very big smile on face

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 22 12 6:06 PM

I get loads of nice comments about Spidey

I was really impressed one day when a couple of lads went past and one said "Oh look, there's a Spider. It's pre-facelift as well!!" That's amazing!

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help