Remove this ad

daveypark

Global Moderator

Lead

Apr 5 12 8:05 AM

Tags : :

[left]Ok so I am on Squadra as well, what struck me is the quality of the 916's on the continent compared to UK cars.
Their cars are at a standard which you'd very rarely see over here and our foreign friends also appear carry out far more modifications than us - I'm struggling to understand the reason for this.
Is it the poorer climate, economic conditions or just that the cars are not so cherished?[/left]
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 5 12 4:36 PM

Re: Are UK 916's scruffy?

I spend as much as I can afford on Spidey. He's fairly standard though, but then I'm not hot on mods really.

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#2 [url]

Apr 5 12 4:52 PM

Perhaps that's it, we don't do 19" wheels with spacers and slammed to the ground, most that I see at meets are pretty much standard. You get the occasional one with an Aquafresh stripe down the middle but you could put that down to an eccentric owner.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 17 12 7:36 PM

speak for yourselfs, i modify mine all the time but not ott bodykits neons and stuff like that , you have to watch how you do a gtv as it can look very crap and yes i think its our weather makes ours weather more

Senza cuore saremmo solo macchine

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 19 12 2:02 PM

Iam with Chris on this one
Dont Drink much
Dont smoke only when on fire
So I treat my car as best as I can without going to OTT
Why not spend a bit you only live once if you can afford it
think Iam going to call my car Clairol because shes worth it
M

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#8 [url]

Apr 20 12 8:07 PM

Well my Gtv is definately scruffy but if anything mechanical needs doing, it will be done. Unimportant stuff (cosmetic) will get put to the end of the list and with 2 Alfas there is generally something mechanical needing doing hence scruffy Gtv.
If funds allowed I would love to do more with it but everything in good time.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 21 12 9:22 AM

I spent about 4 hours cleaning mine on Monday, only for the gulls to poop all over it on Thursday! It's now looking decidedly mucky.....BUT.....it has to be clean for tomorrow's Drive It Day run My Renovo has arrived If it stays dry Spidey's getting a makeover later. Plus my two new badges have arrived. Little things can sometimes make all the difference

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#10 [url]

Apr 21 12 10:42 PM

Badges make a surprising difference but fitting the boot badge was an utter pita.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

daveypark

#12 [url]

Apr 22 12 2:13 PM

Pah! We're still waiting for proof of this respray Pdf, and don't play the old it's raining chestnut!
- everyone knows that Ireland is always sunny.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jun 16 13 7:35 PM

Chasmiff wrote:
BUMP!!

So where is this documentating then???

R.

Well found. I believe the four hours polishing having seen Spidey in the metal. Standard but lovely. I personally would love to spend and spend on modifications for mine. It is fairly standard mechanically at present. I think part of my hold off on modifications in the early days of ownership was really just down to using it as a daily driver and never really being in a position to take it off the road for the time needed to complete the modifications.

My battle just now is simply getting it ready for an MOT and solving the issues that it has. Once thats done I will be back to modifications wheels first then interior.

I do agree cars on the continent are in better all round condition I think the increased sunshine helps

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jun 20 13 9:57 PM

The Renovo was OK, but I'd done too much damage to the hood with the lance I've actually found that boot polish has been the best thing!

Piccies? Here's Spidey at Stranraer Show in May :B
--------------------

Click here to view the attachment

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help