Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 2 12 10:35 PM

Tags : :

Hi! I'm sort of glad to have the chance of being 'born again' in the new format as I really didn't make a go of my last incarnation at all!

Apologies for that as it was mostly (stupid) work which diverted me but am now 'retired' ("Free at last, free at last. I thank God I'm free at last"!) and so should be able to contribute something and participate from time to time.

For the record I have a (facelift) GTV V6 (Cobalt Blue I think) but mostly roll around in a Rosso 156 (facelift again). Love them both enormously and intend to keep them through to next millenium if at all poss! GTV has circa 65K mileage whereas the 2.4 JTD has just completed 175K and still going (very) strong (hopefully).

JIm
Lancashire
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

daveypark

#3 [url]

Apr 5 12 7:31 AM

Re: Joining again

Of course you should be posting up some piccies of your P3 Jlm.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

May 17 12 7:17 PM

Hi. A bit late but thanks very much for the welcome.

I'll attempt to upload a couple of pics which aren't brilliant as such but at least show her looking clean and tidy I think.

The peculiar alighnment of the '4' in '24V' is bound to be noticed. For all the world this looks as though it is the way it was done originally but couldn't be surely? I'm not sure I like it at all but am put off altering through the possibility of damaging paintwork.

I absolutely adore her and have a love of the marque that stretches way back to the sixties even - when a mate and I actually thumbed a lift in a 1750 GTV all the way from London to our home town of Kirkby on Merseyside where the bloke was attending something or other! He seemed an expert driver too and the experience has stayed with me ever since. I was fortunate to eventually acquire it nearly four years ago now and I've since spent more having TLC administered (by the wonderful 'Ferdie' in Lytham) than it cost me to purchase but it's been worth every penny and I'm aiming to continue to get everything as 'new' as can be with a refurb of the teledials probably the next target.

Sorry for going on! Hope its of interest.
Jim

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#5 [url]

May 18 12 7:06 AM

A very nice car Jim in a great colour. I think the 4 could be removed and re-glued without damaging the paintwork as some people 'de-badge' their cars without scratches, I think fishing line is used although I haven't tried this personally.

Thank you for posting your pictures.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 20 12 9:40 PM

Thanks very much Dave, and thanks too for the great tip re the ‘fishing line’ de-badging method. Never would have thought of even checking on this so really appreciate the notion.
I think I’ll give it a whirl – as soon as I get my nerve up re the application of the ‘hair dryer’ technique that is.
Watch this space!
Cheers!
Jim

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help