Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 16 12 4:13 PM

Tags : :

Hi guys

have just finished sorting all outstanding jobs on my Zoe Spider, only to crash it this morning initial inspection shows i'm in need of bonnet, bumper & brackets, vallance & lights, offside headlamp unit and radiator.

Will be checking chassis on Monday and if ok, will produce full list on parts needed.

In the meantime if anybody is breaking one please contact me either through nineonesix or at paws4claws@hotmail.co.uk

cheers and tears

Jerry
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Mar 16 12 8:49 PM

Re: Wreck & ruined Spider

Hopefully Mike can help you Jerry. If not try Richard at Alfabetta Cars. Can anyone else think of a breaker near to the Scottish Border?

Dave, Jerry sailed into the rear of a car at a roundabout which he thought had pulled away

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 17 12 1:33 PM

On approaching the roundabout, behind a Transit who appeared to be continuing onto it , a glance to the right revealed a big **** off wagon just entering said roundabout to the right of us. A glance ahead showed the Transit now over the give way line, another one to the right to check t'wagon's position and crash, bang, wallop Transit man had stopped ! then i did right up his chuff!
Mike has a breaking spider near to him, who's bonnet is ok and he's kindly offered to nip westwards 20 miles to check out a GTV which could become another donor. You're a star Mike and I hope I can get what I need from them.

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#6 [url]

Mar 18 12 7:56 AM

Nice chap is Mike.

Jezza, I did the same thing in an Audi years ago, it's a common accident to have.
Good luck in getting her back on the road.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 19 12 3:09 PM

daveypark wrote:

Jezza, I did the same thing in an Audi years ago, it's a common accident to have.

That's two numpties and counting.....

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 19 12 4:57 PM

Zoe is fixable Am going up to Campbells tomorow to check out GTV donor and hope to collect on Saturday. Mike gave me Chris's details for a radiator, so fingers crossed.
Thanks again guys
Jezzer

Quote    Reply   

daveypark

#9 [url]

Mar 19 12 9:29 PM

spidergirl wrote:
daveypark wrote:

That's two numpties and counting.....

Ah but I had the foresight to write off a horrid little Suziki Swift in the process.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 20 12 11:35 AM

3 numpties,I did it in my XJ to a Citroen Diane 30 years ago.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Mar 20 12 4:28 PM

Hi y'all

went to Edinburgh but bumper was only part that was ok. I called in on the off chance to D A Autos in Dumfries and .....r me if they didnt have a GTV in ! Last time I checked it was a no. Anyway all parts seem to be there or at least till we get Zoe back and stripped off to see if anything else is needed ! Will contact Chris re radiator as not sure yet if it drained from it or a pipe.
Many thanks for all your help guys ( and Julie ) .

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Mar 24 12 1:10 PM

Found a GTV nearer home and have now collected bits & bobs. Ben, a first class mobile mechanic, ( I don't mean he walks around on his legs ! ) has recovered Zoe to one of his workshops to start the rebuild. Rate per hour £15 !!! Will take photos and post.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 24 12 3:52 PM

jezzer2 wrote:
Found a GTV nearer home and have now collected bits & bobs. Ben, a first class mobile mechanic, ( I don't mean he walks around on his legs ! ) has recovered Zoe to one of his workshops to start the rebuild. Rate per hour £15 !!! Will take photos and post.

Sound

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Mar 29 12 3:35 PM

She's been stripped, poked, tweaked, and manipulated ! Will hopefully start to be re-assembled with a new nose and chin job shortly and back on the road in time for Drive It Day !

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Mar 29 12 3:48 PM

jezzer2 wrote:
She's been stripped, poked, tweaked, and manipulated ! Will hopefully start to be re-assembled with a new nose and chin job shortly and back on the road in time for Drive It Day !

Good stuff. You'll get a new rad from Autorads or TMS you know. I always think second hand rads can be more trouble than they're worth.

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Apr 2 12 9:31 PM

There was a bloke on E-Bay (Catlow77) - Neil ?? Based in Lancs - very helpful bloke - bought a manifold for my early 97 TwinSpark which normally is so rare it's rocking horse poo and hence a new (outrageously expensive) part. Also supplied me an electric winder for the driver's door window.

Has all sorts of Alfa spares.

Hope you get that sorted (I'm assuming that's buggered the aircon rad as well)? Place in Lincolnshire supplied my main one and has the small ones too (search Alfa Rad on E-Bay). These plastic ones are actually better than the original equipment Alfa replacements (mine was crap - lasted 3 years and under 30k miles before spewing more steam than a cappucino frother).

1997 Acido Green Twin Spark Spider Lusso
1992 Land Rover Defender 90 200 TDi
Very large fuel bills
Very large garage bills
Very big smile on face

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Apr 5 12 4:42 PM

Useful to know.

Do as I say, not as I do

Quote    Reply